A Few Matters of Trivia about Wednesday:
1. Wednesday is named after Woden, the most important God in the German pantheon, often identified with the Norse God Odin.
2. Woden and Odin are also associated with the Roman god Mercury, which is why the French call Wednesday Mercredi and the Spanish Miercoles.
3. The Japanese for Wednesday translates as ‘Water day’ as the planet Mercury was known as the ‘water star’.
4. In German, Wednesday (Mittwoch) is the only day of the week not ending in ‘tag’ (day).
5. According to research by a tanning company, women look oldest at 3:30 pm on Wednesdays.
6. The Wednesday before Easter is known as ‘Spy Wednesday’ referring to Judas’s betrayal of Jesus.
7. The daughter in the Addams Family is called Wednesday Addams.
8. Charles Addams said he chose the name because “Wednesday’s child is full of woe”.
9. Sheffield Wednesday began as The Wednesday Cricket Club in 1820. The name came from the day of the week when they played their matches.
10. A recent survey in the US reported that bosses are most receptive to requests on a Wednesday.