The Narrows Covered Bridge spans Sugar Creek on the eastern boundary of Turkey Run State Park. One can walk to the bridge on the south side of the creek (Trail #1) or the north side (Trail #4). We did both! Joseph A. Britton built this single-span burr arch truss bridge in 1882 replacing an earlier bridge destroyed in 1875. Many consider this bridge Britton’s first of many covered bridges. The bridge is 121 feet long. It remained in service until 1960. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources restored the bridge in 1975 and it is now a part of the Turkey Run State Park trail system.
(Click on any image to open the gallery and get a closer view!)