There are so many possibilities on this one; it was difficult to narrow down the list! But I succeeded in getting a final cut, so smell along with me (you can enlarge any of these by clicking on the picture):
- A misty salt water breeze coming in off the Gulf of Mexico on Galveston Island, Texas.
- Directions to the Indiana State Fair Cow Barn: North until you smell it, East until you step in it. Generally one would take this as a joke, but there are some people – well, you know……!
- A freshly cut jasmine bracelet made for Charlotte by our next door neighbor.
- The freshness in the air after a rain shower.
- The Master Bath in General Lew Wallace’s home in Crawfordsville, Indiana. Wallace was a Civil War officer, a Governor of Indiana and the author of Ben Hur. His home and study still stand in Crawfordsville and are open to the public. This 19th century bath features a cabinet, wash basin and chamber pot. Flushing the chamber pot involved opening the window and tossing the contents over the side. Most people would not stand underneath the bedroom window on purpose.
- Freshly baked bread just coming out of the oven.
- How about a little dog-breath? Erin took this picture. She did well, but the most unusual thing about it is that she is not in the picture too. We have estimated that out of the 17,000 pictures in the Erin’s Camera folder, about 16,000 of the pictures contain her image and over half of those contain no one else.
- Fresh flowers still in the flower bed.
Further tempt the olfactory senses at Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Sense of Smell!